The mission of NWAG is to serve our local community as well as our country Nigeria, through empowerment, cultural enrichment, and education of women, youth and children, thereby fostering togetherness and excellence in our collective pursuits.
Welcome to the Nigeria Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) website. NWAG is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization registered in Atlanta Georgia, and now in its 16th year of service in the local community of Atlanta, Georgia and as well in the home country of Nigeria.
Our Mission to empower women, youth and children through our various initiatives, programs and fundraising efforts has helped us achieve the following milestones and NWAG:
· Awarded 436 scholarships to female college students so far, in Nigeria
· Awarded 46 scholarships to college bound students in Atlanta, Georgia
· Shipped over $1M worth of medical supplies to various states in Nigeria
· Supports 11 orphanages with their nutritional program all over Nigeria
· Collaborated with other Nigerian organizations for Medical Missions to Nigeria
· Collaborates with other Nigerian organizations for an annual Health Fair in Atlanta
· Locally supports Atlanta Community Food Bank, Hosea feed the Hungry, the International Women’s House, MedShare International, Sickle Cell Foundation, Southside Medical Center, Susan G. Komen Foundation.
These initiatives have been made possible through the dedication and tireless efforts of our members, together with the generous support of our sponsors and partners, who have all bought into our noble vision and worthy cause.
If you would like to make a difference in the life of another, please support us by becoming a sponsor, or partner and then click on the “Special Projects” link at the top of this page to make your donation, which is tax-deductible and will be used exclusively for the program of your choice.
We also look forward to seeing you and thanking you in person during one of our events in the community, this year.
Thank you and God bless!
Dr. Stella E. Etta,